I saw 'you' in places of 'Us'

 I saw 'you' in places of  'Us',

In the cafes holding caffeine.

During the stalls of winter nights walking hand in hand

Over those high mountains and hot streams in open land.

I saw you sitting by the sea where we once wrote our name

And watched the sea sand slip between our feet.

Reading books, telling stories, learning languages, and figuring places on maps.

I smiled when you take long naps on my lap.

I saw you in We, 

With butterflies to my tummy and your scent came in a haze 

Warmth in your eyes when you would simply pass a gaze 

You light up my sky,  even when the moon fades 

While we make 'Us' through the shades. 

-Leepi Agrawal





Comments

  1. Beautiful and heart touching lines.👌❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts