Welcome Autumn!

 I was not sure when how, and where it happened

because being in love is just like a transition phase

Like summers to Autumns, Autumns to Winter

The uncertainty of change, the feeling of soft cold breeze 

Touching your skin with a dawn break, or switching off those ceiling fans at night 

Gradually becoming comfortable with socks and pullovers

Craving hot meals, especially food like instant ramyeon and soup

Observing those city lights while taking long walks,

The fresh smell of blended coffee with poetries 

The fresh air coming through those hung dream catcher

Believing them to catch those evil thoughts,

Though it is all myth, it still gives me comfort

The comfort about the aura, the comfort about the magic around me

Convincing myself to hold on for a little longer.

Autumns make those trees to shed their leaves,

Like green to yellows, yellow to oranges 

Do you feel this transition a little more?

Every time I look into your eyes, 

I paint you in my head without a brush, on a canvas of heart

And the very next moment it gets disappear like a cigarette smoke

Leaving its ashes and a strong smell behind,

Gradually growing to be fond of you, hidden.

Can you hear the Autumn talking

While walking on those golden paths paved with scattered dried maple leaves,

About the Summer flowers and the Winter's first snow? 

I believe you might have not seen this, but you might  feel those change in you 

And nothing happens all of sudden,

Because everything in this world is bound to happen gradually 

So please do not ask me when how, and where it happened

because being in love is just like Autumns to Winter, 

and gradually it just happens and you welcome Autumns! 


Happy Autumns :)

-Leepi Agrawal

Comments

Popular Posts