I've Come Back! Chapter-4


Chapter-4

Beautiful tales always began with a cup of coffee...




Next day when I reached my desk, I found a post-it on which a smiley

was drawn.

Who the hell got the time to do all this? Below the smiley was an

instruction to turn the computer on.

What the hell was going on? I switched on the computer, the post-it

asked me to turn up the power point presentation!

Now it intrigued me. It seemed like a romantic situation, I thought that

someone wanted to propose me.

A soft romantic music played as the presentation started with a colorful

slide with the background of roses.

The first slide said ‘Coffee?’

Just to ask me for a cup of coffee, who would do this by making a power

point presentation?

The second slide mentioned the time and venue.

‘Venue: College canteen.

Time: As soon as you read this slide, I am already waiting.’

I was not interested to change my status from single to committed, but I

was curious to know who this person was.

I dropped a message for Parth that I would be a little late, till then he

could rehearse his lines and I proceeded toward the canteen. As soon as I

reached the canteen, I heard someone calling my name. I gathered all my

guts to turn and punch off the nose of whoever the guy was.

Alas! It was Parth!

I wondered what is he was doing here, as I didn’t want him to see me

with any other guy.

He asked me what I was doing there. It was obvious I was not here to

entertain students by singing and playing guitar as in the movies. I

replied I had come for some coffee.

“Alone?”

“Nope, somebody would be joining me soon.”

“Cool, if you don’t mind would you have coffee with me until your

friend arrives?”

I could not imagine refusing Parth, he was the reason of my sleepless

nights and here he was offering me coffee.

“Why are you hesitating? Don’t pretend that you are waiting for your

boyfriend, because I know you rarely talk with guys.”

Listening to this, my heart soared. I was so happy that he had noticed

me, he knew about me. I started getting this weird sensation in my belly.

I told him that an anonymous person had invited me for coffee that I had

planned to punch him off, because I didn’t like all this nonsense.

Parth chuckled and said, “Trisha, stop giving so much importance to

you.”

“What do you mean?” I asked irritatingly.

“Girls would always be girls. They are stupid.”

His remark angered me.

“Hey Parth mind your language, your mom is also a woman and your

statement applies to her as well.”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean it that way. What I wanted to say is that if a guy

invites you for a coffee that doesn’t mean that he wants to propose you,

it might simply mean that he wants some friendship with you.”

“Oh yeah friendship is the road map to fall in love!” I inferred.

“Well there is no point in arguing,” he said raising his hands

submissively.

I wanted to meet the guy who invited me here. But thank god I got a

chance to have coffee with Parth instead.

We both walked back together towards the auditorium. I hoped our paths

merged and we walked together for the rest of our lives.


Stay tune for next chapter...
Happy Reading :)

Comments

Popular Posts